Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Desperately Seeking Cool

It's just about time to turn our thoughts to Autumn here in Melbourne, but instead we've been hit by another heat wave. The forecast today is for 38 degrees--that's higher than body temperature, which is my definition of much too hot for comfort.
It was hot already yesterday, so I spent a couple of hours in my studio. Even there it was too warm to work with wool. Beads don't mind how sweaty my fingers are, so I made this:
It's a little brooch made from glass beads, wired together. I like the way the layers bring out the colour of the glass.
Today I think I'll make the most of the studio. I do need to head out to do some basic shopping, though, so I won't escape the heat altogether. 

2 comments:

Dee said...

oooow pretty.
I often look at those leaf beads and wonder what to do with them.

Chiara Z said...

Thanks, I had a bunch of these in a "mixed bag":)