Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Shiny Things

I picked up this bracelet for a couple of dollars at an Opp Shop a few weeks ago.



















I don't usually wear bracelets. I don't like the feeling of something around my wrist. Maybe that's because I use my hands so much with various crafts. And this bracelet is heavy. Those are big cut glass beads and semi-precious stones. Well, maybe semi-precious is a bit of an overstatement, but anyway, they are heavy. So why did I bother buying this, even for just a couple of dollars? I'm hoping to make it into a necklace. I'm thinking of something a bit freeform incorporating different twisted cords and fibres. Hopefully on the weekend I'll have a go at it. Meanwhile I've promised to help with the Newsletter at the Neighbourhood House today. The volunteer who normally does it is out of action and it needs to be out this week.

No comments: