Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ideas

I'm forever looking for ideas. At the moment there are several concepts on my mind. One is freemotion quilting--I need flowing continuous lines. Another is brooches--I need clear simple motifs. This little bird shape comes from, would you believe a cake decorating resource. It's part of a much larger design with flowers and scrolls and several other birds, but this is the one that caught my eye.



















All I've done here is trace it out and colour it in with black biro, simplifying the outline just a little and bulking out some of the curves. It's been sitting on the table for a while and I guess I need to make some decisions about using it. Well, that hasn't happened yet, but meanwhile here it is in my blog for you to look at too.

No comments: