Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Work in Progress

One of my homework tasks for my Colour Theory subject is to construct a colour wheel using snippets of colour taken from a magazine. I began flipping through pages and snipping out colour fragments on the weekend. Yesterday morning I did some more snipping and then started to stick things down. I've been using "Royal Auto" as my source: lots of landscape pics, cars, and ads of various kinds. Purples are rather thin on the ground and the gradations between colours are harder to find than I'd expected. I think I'll try to get hold of a different type of magazine and see whether that helps to fill in some of the gaps. As an exercise it's been enlightening and I can see my sensitivity to colour developing through it. Another homework task is to paint a colour wheel by mixing primary colours of paint. I think I'll tackle that one tomorrow.

No comments: