Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Romantic

I can't say I'm a great believer in Valentine's Day. Apart from my personal "Valentine-less" situation, I'm always wary of traditions that become an opportunity for a commercial frenzy. Nevertheless I was somewhat touched by the number of people I saw carrying arrangements of beautiful fresh flowers yesterday afternoon.

Valentine's Day also gave me the opportunity to catch up with events from last month. Somehow in the flurry of Wedding activity, I didn't get around to making a card for the young couple. The display at an art shop last week resulted in my picking up these:
Now the truth is, I still haven't made a card. And life is such that these could end up being the makings of a first anniversary card if I'm not careful. I think I'll leave them out on the table at least for a few more days and see what happens.

No comments: