Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beginning

I bought this piece of watercolour paper at the art shop this week. It was a promotion: a discount sheet of paper with $30 spent on other items. Strangely it wasn't hard to spend $30: what with supplies for class and a few other craft items which I had to have. The paper has been sitting on my table in a loose roll for several days... enticing... intriguing ... inviting... I've chosen it as my blog pic this morning because there's so much to say about my first day at the Textile Art course that I don't really know what to say. The buzz of excitement hasn't faded overnight, even though I know I'm tired. There are beginnings of ideas, relationships, opportunities... And the thought that this is a three year course, just reinforces the thrill of newness.

2 comments:

SewSofie said...

Hi! Textile Art. How glorious! Sorry Ive not commented for a while and am slowly catching up on all my favourite blogs. Glad to hear you've committed to three years of art studies. Hope you enjoy it.

Chiara Z said...

Hey, that's OK--it's good to see you back in the blogosphere. As for the course, just now it feels like Christmas:)