Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

White No More

Here's the silk ribbon I dyed this week: I mixed magenta with a variety of orange-reds and got this bright shade. I think I'll have to send it to D soon, since it's a perfect Christmas colour. I'm learning the differences between how this silk behaves in the dye pot compared to my wool. The colour is much more even than I expected, given the technique I used. I didn't mix the dyes at all, just put bits of colour directly into the pot. The differences in quantity take a bit of getting used to--the weight of all this silk is minimal compared to a skein of my wool. So the amount of dye I used was way too much and the rinsing took a long time and many changes of water. OK, as an experiment it has to be called a success since I've learned from it. As a final product it wants some adjusting.

4 comments:

Peace said...

Your friend D is going to LOVE that.

Dee said...

oooooooooowwwww!!! :) da fingas is already itchy. It looks lovely.

ps. the word verification is "minelout" LOL.

Vireya said...

It is a beautiful colour!

Textile Tragic said...

Hey thanks:)