Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa's Sack

It's the time of year when we are regaled with stories and songs of an old man bearing a great sackful of treats for good little boys and girls. I don't claim to have been all that good this year, but this garbage bag full of goodness arrived at my house yesterday morning: It's a whole alpaca fleece from my friend R's farm. They did the shearing last weekend and she saved this one for me. I have yet to fully explore the contents. What I do know is that the fleece has been sorted: "rubbish", neck and saddle in separate bags. That's a great start. The "rubbish" can go on the compost heap and then I can clean and blend the saddle and neck fibre. Then comes the joy of spinning. I'm not even going to think about tackling it before Christmas, though. I have my own "santa sack" to fill before I head north for a few days with friends.

No comments: