Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Defying the Elements

It's still grey and rainy here in Melbourne, but I have to head out to run some errands. I've been trying to avoid it for hours, knowing that the weather isn't going to improve any time soon. If I leave it any longer it will start to get darker and colder as the afternoon wears on. While I've been procrastinating, at least I've completed some drizzle-defying accessories.
I think these are more than wristies--these are gauntlets. Instead of stopping at the wrist there's a garter stitch section to cover my hand. I've done the top edge and around the thumb hold in double crochet for added strength. Gauntlets speak to me of being armed against adversity. And I have the matching hat which I made earlier this week. Ready, set, here I go! 

2 comments:

Dee said...

It's time to throw down the gauntlet and challenge the weather.... yeah I know it's corny. It was there and I just couldn't resist. Although it seems like the weather has been giving enough challenges of its own. And if it gets to choose the weapon...
btw they are seriously bright and should be enough to scare away grey yucky weather.

Chiara Z said...

Yep, I'm taking the fight out there! I managed all my errands and scurried home before dark.