Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Postcard from a Friend

This was in my letterbox when I got home yesterday afternoon:
It's a detail of the stained glass window in the foyer of the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra. (Leonard French)

We were discussing on the phone a couple of weeks ago how a verbal description of this fantastic stained glass work might sound unattractive, while the real thing is magnificent.

I'm thinking of a scrap of wisdom often quoted by my quilting friends, "If in doubt, add yellow" The yellow is there for sure. They also say, "a little bit of yellow goes a long way", and I can see that here too. But what makes me excited is the thought of light shining through this work of art. Looks like I'm going to have to plan a trip to Canberra to admire the real thing. In the meantime, I'll make sure I visit the stained glass ceiling at the National Gallery here in Melbourne soon.

Thanks Sharon!

No comments: