Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spring Fashion

Where else in the world do they declare a public holiday for a horse race! Yesterday was Melbourne Cup day, "the celebration that stops a nation" is the slogan. My day wasn't filled with champagne and high fashion.
I chose muddy boots rather than strappy sandals since I needed to tackle the abundant weeds in my front garden. A couple of hours of serious digging got me through about half of that garden bed--and tired me out thoroughly. The rose is my touch of prettiness and a reward for my efforts. Hopefully all the rose bushes in that section will be happier once I complete the job. That will take several more days like yesterday to achieve. 

4 comments:

Dee said...

Sophistication to the MAX! :)
Comfy boots, refreshing water and fragrant roses wins over painful strappy heels, dizzying champagne and smelly horses any spring day. the weeds however, well they are another story...

Chiara Z said...

the weeds!--I hope nobody's taking bets on the weeds vs the weeder. I'd hate to see the odds.

Knitspingirl said...

Much more sensible footwear! I wonder how many women walked home from the cup barefoot because their shoes (although pretty) hurt them too much ...

Chiara Z said...

. . . and how many ended up with sprained ankles or worse . . .