Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spring Fashion

Where else in the world do they declare a public holiday for a horse race! Yesterday was Melbourne Cup day, "the celebration that stops a nation" is the slogan. My day wasn't filled with champagne and high fashion.
I chose muddy boots rather than strappy sandals since I needed to tackle the abundant weeds in my front garden. A couple of hours of serious digging got me through about half of that garden bed--and tired me out thoroughly. The rose is my touch of prettiness and a reward for my efforts. Hopefully all the rose bushes in that section will be happier once I complete the job. That will take several more days like yesterday to achieve. 

4 comments:

Dee said...

Sophistication to the MAX! :)
Comfy boots, refreshing water and fragrant roses wins over painful strappy heels, dizzying champagne and smelly horses any spring day. the weeds however, well they are another story...

Textile Tragic said...

the weeds!--I hope nobody's taking bets on the weeds vs the weeder. I'd hate to see the odds.

Knitspingirl said...

Much more sensible footwear! I wonder how many women walked home from the cup barefoot because their shoes (although pretty) hurt them too much ...

Textile Tragic said...

. . . and how many ended up with sprained ankles or worse . . .