Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Protection

There are so many difficult things in life from which I cannot protect myself or the people I love, but there are also so many little cute bits of happiness in the world. Here's one:


























I love to knit. My knitting goes everywhere with me. I like long straight knitting needles for some projects, even though I'm now just as comfortable with circular needles or dpns. Long needles inevitably stick out of my carry bag. Sometimes I bump into people. Bumping into people while carrying long pointy sticks is not a good thing. These little balls of soft firm usefulness push onto the ends of my knitting needles. Now I don't have to worry about damaging a stranger at the shopping centre when I lose track of exactly where my knitting bag is amongst a crowd of shoppers. And my knitting is less likely to slide off my needles. It doesn't solve the problems of the world, but it's something!

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Cute!

Dee said...

clever idea.
... time to get rid of the word recognition torture.